Saturday, March 30, 2013

Wine Tasting - Bogle Petite Sirah

Bogle Petite Sirah
$12.95
vintage 2010
Syrah grape
Bogle Vineyards, California
USA

The Vintage Cellar says:
Deeply inky, this wine coats the glass and lingers before the first sip has been taken. Heady aromas of boysenberries and blackberries headline the entry, while flavors of wild blueberries steal the show. Full-bodied and concentrated, seductive juniper and anise tangle with coffee and leather tones as the wine's finish lingers on stage. Enduring and enthralling, this wine is perfectly suited for an encore. 

Well, before I begin my impressions, what a flowery description! Whoever wrote that is a poet who loves to use cliché metaphors. Wow! I should stop being so obnoxiously sarcastic because this picture is the last bottle they appeared to have at around 12:30 or 1:00 when I went to the tasting. Two bottles were sold while I was there. And now feel free to tear my description apart:

It smelled like a blend of various berries and sugary. I felt it had a less in-your-face taste than the previous wine. A spice followed the soft berry taste and strengthened as it stayed on my tongue. It's very fruity with a kick. I got a blueberry taste, but also maybe blackberry (maybe this is the boysenberry they mention since I don't know what they taste like). I don't know where the coffee taste came from; I actually tried to taste it after reading the above description. I had this wine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment