Saturday, March 30, 2013

Wine Tasting - Yalumba Museum Muscat

Yalumba Museum Muscat
$22.95
Muscat
from Barossa Valley (South Eastern), Australia
2010

•The Vintage Cellar's review says:
96 points, Robert Parker
The non-vintage Museum Reserve Muscat boasts a medium deep amber hue as well as stunning aromas and huge flavors oozing with glycerin, sweetness, honeyed figs, jammy berries, and notions of tea, molasses, and prunes. This wine does not improve in the bottle, but it will last for many years. 

•I was actually able to detect some interesting things in this wine. I was surprised by its copper brown color mainly because I just watched Bottle Shock yesterday and the chardonnay that turns brown turns everyone off of the wine (which, spoiler alert, turns clear again and ends up being a perfect wine). I've never had a dessert wine and it's something I've been wanting to try for a long time. The smell was exactly like some super sweet Southern sweet tea with honey. It was like drinking sugar. Actually, it tasted EXACTLY like drinking dates. I was surprised not to see 'dates' in the description, but I stand by what I tasted. It was too sweet for my taste, but I imagine it appealing to Middle Eastern countries since they eat a lot of dates.



This wine would go very well with nuts (almonds and walnuts) or almost any Middle Eastern cuisine.


No comments:

Post a Comment