Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wine Experiment Day 1- Lucky Duck Cabernet Sauvignon

I really want to see how a crappy wine can change over time. This idea fascinates me. I chose to experiment with Lucky Duck Cabernet Sauvignon mainly because of the bottle (c'mon, it's adorable--a duck wearing a hat?!) and also because this wine costs about $3.95 at Walmart. Boyer said that red wines work better for this experiment and I wanted to try more reds anyway.

Here's more information about the wine:
•Lucky Duck
•Cabernet Sauvignon
•Chile
•2012
•$3.95

Note on back: "Rich cherry and fruity blackberry notes. Enjoy Lucky Duck alone or paired with red meats or pastas."

First taste:
I can smell the cherry and fruitiness. It doesn't have as strong of a flavor as I expected. It's tart. It's not as bad as I expected, so that's nice. It's definitely drinkable. (I'm picky.) I don't taste much of the blackberry they mention.

That's it for now. I'm going to let it aerate and try it again later!

No comments:

Post a Comment