Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tasting: Château Serres Sainte


photo 4 


Château Serres Sainte
Lucie Corbières
$4.95
Corbières, France
Syrah, Grenache, and Mourvèdre

 The Vintage Cellar says: Syrah, Grenache, and Mourvèdre
Superb dark garnet color with a few reflections of dark orange. Intense nose of ripe fruits, spices, and roasted coffee. The palate is rounded and full, with silky matured tannins and hints of vanilla. This wine is rich and powerful with layers of tannins.

My thoughts: If you hold this wine up to the light, you'll see it gives off a light brown color. That said, it has a full tannin flavor. It tasted almost sour to me. I couldn't detect one flavor, but after reading the above description, I think I was picking up the coffee flavor. I had this wine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment